An FDA Cleared medical device company who develops cutting edge hardware, software and algorithms are currently looking to recruit a Head of Software Engineering.
This organisation is looking to transition the core software development to London where the majority of the products R&D (Algorithms, Data Science, Machine Learning, Electronics, Hardware, Firmware) is carried out.
- As Head of Software Engineering you will work alongside the CTO to define a technical vision and strategy for the software team
- You’ll manage and lead the development and transition of the architecture to support the company’s growth and data ingestion from hundreds of thousands of medical IoT devices.
- You’ll implement processes to ensure continuous and effective testing and feedback of all aspects of software development activities
- You’ll collaborate with the firmware team to ensure the architecture is optimised to ingest data from tens of thousands of deployed devices.
- You’ll oversee the growth of our software team in London, and actively engage in resource planning, talent development and recruitment efforts.
You must have the following experience to be considered for the role of Head of Software Engineering:
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, or similar quantitative field.
- You must have extensive professional experience designing and developing sophisticated software products deployed in a variety of environments.
- You must have experience with large database systems and large-scale computer systems and proven track record of architecture design and software development.
- You must have demonstrable and substantial experience in leading and managing teams of software developers (10+ direct or indirect reports).
- It would be an beneficial to have experience of the following: good knowledge of Amazon AWS Services, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases, Atlassian JIRA, and Confluence.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Software Engineering to join an organisation developing a life-changing product with a real opportunity to join at the start of a very exciting journey.
If you would like to apply for the position of Head of Software Engineering please click either ‘Apply Now’ or alternatively you can call Josh Wilkinson on 0161 975 6022.